- Women in Pink Collar ICT Jobs in Cameroon
- Vers la mise en œuvre d’un outil d’aide de la maitrise du trait de côte littoral camerounaise
- Using Mobile Technology to Support Family Planning Counseling in the Community
- Usage of telecommunication Technology and living standards
- Tribal Portals, Multimedia Content, Illiteracy, and Digital Inclusion
- Electronic Business
- Gender Development
- ICT and Education
- ICT Statistics
- ICT, Poverty and Development
- ICTs in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Internet and Society
- Mobiles for Development
- Multimedia Learning
- Organizational Learning
- Teledemocracy and E-government
- Web 2.0 and Social Networking
June 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Uganda: Many Mobile Money Agents to Miss Out On Agency Banking[Monitor] Kampala -Thousands of mobile money agents will not qualify to be agents of commercial banks once agency banking is rolled out around the country. In the regulation that awaits being gazetted, mobile money agents that conduct business in temporary kiosks, umbrellas and without specific physical addresses shall be excluded from agency banking.
- East Africa: M-Kopa, Only East African Company On Mit's 2017 List of 50 Smartest Companies[CIO] M-KOPA has been named to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Technology Review's 2017 list of 50 Smartest Companies.
- Kenya: CA Advises Public, Organizations On Preventive Measures for Petya Ransomware Attack[CIO] Communications Authority of Kenya (CA), through the National Kenya Computer Incident Response Team Coordination Centre (National KE-CIRT/CC), has received reports of a ransomware attack dubbed "Petya" and is advising the public and organizations to put in place several preventive measures.
- South Africa: #DataMustFall - R2K Marches On Cell C[R2K] On Thursday 29 June 2017, to mark the end of Youth Month, the Right2Know Campaign in KZN will march on Cell C in Durban to demand a reduction in the costs of data. This follows similar marches on MTN and Vodacom on World Press Freedom Day this year, and on the International Right2Know Day in 2016 respectively. It is particularly worthwhile to note that […]
- Uganda: Many Mobile Money Agents to Miss Out On Agency Banking
Category Archives: Statistics
Cyberspace Across Sub-Saharan Africa: From Technological Desert Towards Emergent Sustainable Growth?
Over the past three decades much of the continent of Africa, and especially the Sub-Saharan region, has been viewed as technological desert . Spanning over 24 million square kilometers from the Sahara in the north to the Cape Verde in South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa comprises 49 countries and is home to 659 million people . Continue reading