- Women in Pink Collar ICT Jobs in Cameroon
- Vers la mise en œuvre d’un outil d’aide de la maitrise du trait de côte littoral camerounaise
- Using Mobile Technology to Support Family Planning Counseling in the Community
- Usage of telecommunication Technology and living standards
- Tribal Portals, Multimedia Content, Illiteracy, and Digital Inclusion
- Electronic Business
- Gender Development
- ICT and Education
- ICT Statistics
- ICT, Poverty and Development
- ICTs in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Internet and Society
- Mobiles for Development
- Multimedia Learning
- Organizational Learning
- Teledemocracy and E-government
- Web 2.0 and Social Networking
December 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Ethiopia:As Violence Flares, Internet Goes Dark[VOA] Amid reports of violent clashes that have led to at least 15 deaths, the Ethiopian government has partially blocked internet access to its citizens, suppressing information about the exact scope of the violence and the response of federal security forces.
- Liberia:Smartphones Take Agricultural Data Collection to New Level[Observer] The Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) with support and funding from the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has engaged several extension workers in a three-day training at the Central Agricultural Research Institute (CARI) in Suakoko District, Bong County.
- Nigeria:Telcos, ISPs Frustrating IPV6 Adoption By Networks[Guardian] There are indications that telecommunications operators and traditional internet service providers (ISPs) in the country are frustrating adoption of Internet Protocol version six (IPv6) by other networks, Nigeria CommunicationsWeek has learnt.
- Africa:Mobile Money Deal Drives Africa Financial Inclusion[CAJ News] Johannesburg -XPRESS Money, the money transfer brand, has teamed with technology company, Huawei, to drive mobile money services to the world's unbanked populations, especially in Africa.
- Ethiopia:As Violence Flares, Internet Goes Dark
Author Archives: shujohns
Purpose: The advent of information and communication technologies (ICTs) has provided job opportunities for many people in Cameroon. Workers may seek employment with multinational telecom companies or choose to work for cyber cafés which are companies that provide fee-based Internet … Continue reading
Résumé: La côte dans le continent Africain et au Cameroun en particulier constitue de plus en plus un lieu privilégié d’habitat et d’activités socio-économiques. Malheureusement cette forme de mutation s’opère au Cameroun dans une situation d’absence d’information sur les risques … Continue reading
Abstract. This paper reports on a mobile phone application designed to support community health workers in providing family planning counseling to their clients. We adapted the Population Council’s Balanced Counseling Strategy for local conditions and for community health workers and … Continue reading
Purpose: The study examined the usage of village phone and living standards in the rural households in Nakaseke district in Uganda. This was prompted by the introduction of the village phones especially the Mobile Technology Network village phone in the … Continue reading
Abstract. The digital divide is affected by many factors but current research efforts on the digital inclusion of illiterate users mainly come from the Human Computer Interaction field through the design of multimedia based user interfaces essentially aimed at improving … Continue reading
Abstract: The purpose of this study is to trace the emergence and innovation development process of dot.com innovation in order to understand the attempts small firms make to get the innovation to work or not. Prior studies on SME e-business … Continue reading
Purpose: The aim of this research paper is to expose better methods of conducting research for undergraduate students at the university level especially in a developing country like Nigeria. Design/methodology/approach: An Exploratory Research Group (ERG) was set up in the … Continue reading